“The EFCC is not out to shut down the government in Benue State. We have been conducting investigation in the last two years. There is no political witch-hunt in any manner.
“All we did is to caution withdrawal from these accounts with ‘Place No Debit’ which does not last more than 72 hours.
“Despite the fact that the EFCC uncovered massive withdrawals from these accounts in tranches of N10million, top government officials have continued to divert funds paid into these accounts from the Federation Account.
“As an anti-graft agency, the EFCC has the obligation to check diversion of public funds and money laundering.
“We are continuing with investigation of these accounts. On Friday, a team of detectives grilled the Director of Finance and Accounts in the Bureau of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Gbaigyo Emmanuel and a cashier, Andoor Festus.
“We are looking for another official, Agbo Amada, who has been dismissed by the state government to avoid making him available for interrogation.”
The accounts and the funds under investigation are as follows:
- Bureau of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs—N792, 039,884.00 (Sterling Bank —0017836093)
- Joint State and Local Account—N1, 367, 043, 651.52(Fidelity Bank—5030058730)
- Benue State Government House— N1, 916, 635, 206.00( UBA-1017348051)
- Benue State Bureau of Internal Service and Special Service—N11,827, 455, 250 (UBA—1007540119)
- Benue State Bureau of Internal Service and Special Service—N5, 886, 237, 150( First Bank—2023788057)
- Benue State Bureau of Internal Service and Special Service—N1, 640, 527, 540 (Zenith Bank—1010653167)
432total visits,1visits today